Are you a bit sleepy this morning? Have you suddenly realized that your socks don’t match and you left your packed lunch at home? Welcome to morning! Mornings can be really tough, but there are all kinds of things you can do the night before to start your day off right.
- Take a look at your schedule for tomorrow. It’s good to have a quick review of what’s on the docket. If that gives you dreams of crunching numbers, then just set the alarm clock for your regular time. Or, a tiny bit earlier just in case!
- Pack your bag. Make sure you have all the files you need, that extra phone charger, chapstick and your gym clothing picked out. No one wants to arrive at the gym with no shorts. It makes booty-burn very awkward.
- Put some thoughts to your clothing. Quickly check the weather and set out, or, mentally select, what you’d like to wear to work. Hint? Try layers – it helps reduce surprise weather changes. If you really want to ease things up, consider creating a “uniform” for work hours.
- Set some downtime. As the evening wears on, get in some great sleepytime support work. Some herbal tea, a small snack, moving away from computer and television screens, crack open a book! Special points for doing the same things each night. Creating a nightly routine will give your brain the nod to start winding down.
- Set your morning up. If you’re a coffee or tea drinker, consider preparing some iced versions to keep in your fridge ready to go first thing. Making breakfast easy to grab will ensure your tummy is full and that caffeine has easily entered your system.
Hopefully following these five steps will result in you showing up to work bright-eyed, bushy tailed and with only one pair of socks on – the same color!